Monday, 14 May 2012

Blondie, Cameras and A Whole Lot Of Nothing!

Hello there my readers!

Just a quick update on how things have been going over at Chez Hayley!

I will be doing more outfit posts however with juggling work and a show coming up, i've rarely had a day to dress nicely, if i've got work, I just stick on something easy to manoeuvre in and something that won't be a tragedy if paint goes down it (as I clean a lot of art rooms!) so I've not had much to document!

One thing I do have to document though, is that the replacement lens came through the post for my new Canon 350D SLR! The only downside is it was ordered as a birthday present and so as a consequence I won't be seeing it until July, however, my mum has granted me a few days to play with it before it has to go away for two months D':

When I actually have it properly, i'll be buying a tripod, so that I can properly document my outfits of the day without dodgy camera angles, flash reflection in mirrors, or pestering my mother or my friends.

You'll be seeing a lot more that way!

As for my day, i'm afraid to report very little happened! Schoolwise anyway, though I did have to carry 9 costumes and 5 pairs of shoes to school on the bus with me :P So that was fun! The show is this coming Thursday night, it's a variety show and I think we're just about ready, it should be really good from the looks of it, we've got some killer acts! All we did today was sort out costumes and paint a few masks up for one of the dance pieces, so there's that!

After which, however, a good friend of mine, James, came round to my house so that I could bleach his hair (for the second time) because he wanted to go blonde, I can honestly say it looks lovely! Here's a few pictures of the two and a half week process!


Here's his natural colour, quite dark, as you can see!

This was after we applied bleach, then washed it out, then dyed it, as you can see, I think this is by far, his best look. Cute, int' he?

Here is the result, don't mind the cute little puppy :') Now as his hair was quite dark, the bleach only lifted so much the first time round, and it was also setting his scalp on fire, so I thought it might be a good idea to start getting it out before he developed a skin condition. It left with this kind of goldeny glow that you get with bleached hair, but we just waited a week (and a bit!) and today we dyed once more!

Looking sexy as ever! The second bleach application! (It recommends 35-40 minutes sitting time... so James chose a wise 37 minutes.) Then onto the dye!

A little Marilyn shot because... oh well come on, you have to, don't you?


The finished product! :D Not bad if I do say so myself!

He has short back and sides in his natural colour, and unfortunately, when I wasn't aware, some of the bleach dripped down onto a side, luckily though, he can cover it with those bits of his hair, and his grows at an extraordinary rate... (one and a half weeks after the first bleach, his roots were already nearly 2cm visible when he lifted his fringe! I wish mine grew that quickly!) Meaning it'll soon grow out and he can trim it down again, maximum time it'll be there... i'd give it two to three weeks! 

We used B-Blonde bottle developer with B-Blonde Powder Sachets, followed by Live XXL Absolute Platinum (Warning, will sting your scalp a little, start at the tips, work to the roots if you want to sit through it for as little time as possible.) And for those curious, his hair is in ace condition, you can't even tell it's had peroxides all over it, still pretty soft, obviously, every person's hair varies, and I can't promise yours won't go  dry, however, I think so long as you rest the hair between bleaches, only bleach the roots when they come through, not just the whole head of hair, and remember to condition, then you should be fine!

 That's all for now, here's a photo to sum up my day!




No comments:

Post a Comment